Thursday, March 19, 2009

post-SUTC

Hello Eagle. Hope you're resting well now. I don't want to ask if you had fun during SUTC, because it was really hard. Even harder than last year. It reminds us about the time we were sec 1. For me, it was VERY difficult, but also at the same time VERY inspiring.

I hope it has been the same for you guys, especially reciting the scout hymn. I think that was one of the things that really make you a scout. Through all the pumping, I hope that activity really lets you know the meaning of being a scout. Not just know, but understand.

For sec 1s, this has been your first major camp in scouting. I hope that you have learnt a lot and really matured. It isn't the end of your maturity, but just the starting. I hope that after SUTC, you guys will look at scouts, and even life in a different manner. SUTC and the days after that are still very clear in my mind. We did a pushup tunnel with everyone running across the hall, formed different shapes in pushup position, and formed the shape 01. That was probably the most pressing moments of SUTC for me. I hope you had a similar experience. I also a lot of you rising to the wing and helping the people around you. That is quite good. If you were helping the sec 2s, that it would be really commendable. Some of you couldn't endure, but that is normal as sec 1s are not expected to do everything at this point. But don't take it for granted now, as you still have expectations to live up to in the later part of the year. We hope you guys will still be happy in 01, and you have a whole line of imba eagle people behind you who will be there for you if you need help.

So far, I think the eagle sec 1s have done quite well. Qie Hua, you have really stayed positive through the whole camp. Everyone sees you as really cute, and you can use that to your batch. I hope your batch apperciates the positiveness and morale you bring during the camp. I also heard you taking initiative during parts of the camp. Keep up the enthusiasm and morale! The SS also get pretty moralized when we see you.
Jia Le, I think you have potential in you, and you put in a lot of effort in things, which is quite good. I saw you sweating after orienteering, but you were still okay. You are quite shy though, and there are quite a lot of things on your mind that you want to get out. I hope you will speak up more though, and me and Rui Liang observe that you learn really well. You have a lot of potential brimming inside of you.
Nigel, you are a really mature person with a lot of good ideas inside of you. You had seemed to be quiet, but it was the activity in MacRitchie when your potential was actually released. I was really impressed with that and have high hopes for you to lead the batch. But don't just wait until times in need when you start unleashing your potential though. I have high hopes for you, so keep on aiming for the stars and you would really shine.

For sec 2s, you guys really have a lot to work on. It is quite saddening not to see you saying words like foam, as these are 01 terms. And it gives us the impression that you guys are not attached to 01 enough to use these words. Especially not knowing your batch song, which is a common song all of you can sing during PT. For the SS, we sing it all the time. Your batch isn't bonded together, and if you guys talked enough cock, you won't have one missing person and would be moralized by each other despite the difficulty you are in. Eugene, you have a lot of potential, but it isn't shown in the camp. I hope that you would work harder and show more potential. And try not to be too angsty, as it may sometimes affect the others without you knowing.
Gabriel, I am really disappointed in you. Many people have coined you as manly, but you haven't shown much. You could use your manliness to help your batch during PT, for example supporting them or taking their bags. But I hope that you would volunteer to be cheeboh next year, as it is quite fun.
There are other sec 2s that are not eagle who i have seen during the camp. Hai Xiao, your performance on day 2 night was really good in staying at the back and helping the sec 1s. It is really commendable, and hope you become more imba this year and come for more acts. Eashwar, you had led the patrol while being blindfolded, which was also quite good. But i encourage you to have more experiences in leading.

But at the end, all of you shown more urgency and batch spirit. Its okay if you come in failing, the most important thing is whether you improve. And you guys really did. So good job for surviving a tough SUTC.

Lol long serious message.
BUT NOW HERE COMES THE EAGLE EXTRA!!!
...or tomorrow. or later if rl and me finish it

2 comments:

  1. erm I try to be more serious next time k

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...... thx for the nice stuff u said but ain't it a little harsh on the sec 2s?

    ReplyDelete